|Spring||Mar. 10 ~
|Apr. 15 /
|Dec. 14, 2021 ~
|Mar. 3||Mar. 8|
|Summer||Jun. 8 ~
|Jul. 25 ~
Jul. 29 /
|Mar. 17 ~
|Jun. 2||Jun. 7|
|Fall||Sep. 6 ~
|Sep. 9 ~
Sep. 12 /
Oct. 3 / Oct. 10
|Jun. 15 ~
|Aug. 30||Sep. 5|
|Winter||Dec. 7 ~
Feb. 22, 2023
|Dec. 26 ~
Dec. 30 /
Jan. 23, 2023
|Sep. 14 ~
|Nov. 30||Dec. 6|
Korean for Academic Purposes 200KAP200
- This course was created for students who are intending to seek admission to undergraduate or graduate university programs in Korea.
- In comparison to KGP200, this course is designed to facilitate the natural acquisition of the necessary grammar, vocabulary, writing skills, knowledge of Korean culture, and other useful information through the study of academic subjects.
- Through this course, students will prepare for and learn about university life in Korea.
- The course is four hours per day, broken down into 1 hour of writing (academic writing from level 3 onward), 2 hours of speaking, and 1 hour of listening and reading. (The exact breakdown of the course varies according to level).
(20 hours per week, totaling 200 hours)
|Class Days||Monday - Friday (5 days a week)|
|Class Time||13:30 ~ 17:30 4 hours per day|
|Course Levels||Levels 1 ~ 6|
|Students per Class||16 students or fewer|
|Course Fees||1,770,000KRW each semester
(60,000 KRW registration fee for new students, course materials not included)
- Students who register for KLEC programs do not have to buy insurance in home country separately as Sogang Korean Language Education Center provides group health insurance to students for free.
- 1 This course is an academic course designed for students who intend to seek admission to undergraduate or graduate programs.
- 2 In addition to the grammar and vocabulary necessary for the successful pursuit of academic studies, students practice essential academic language skills such as writing reports and listening to lectures.
- 3 By covering a variety of academic subjects, students acquire the fundamentals to take courses in their major fields of study.
- 4 This course offers information about university life in Korea and information regarding school admissions.
- 5 As the speaking, reading and listening, and writing classes are each led by different instructors, students are exposed to a wider variation of Korean usage and can develop well-rounded comprehension.
- 6 From Level 3 onwards, academic writing textbooks are used.
- 7 In addition to the 200 hours of regular class time, students in every level are offered of free TOPIK instruction to prepare for the TOPIK exam, which is a requirement to gain admission to university.
- 8 We offer scholarships to the top students (determined by grades) of each session. There are scholarships for the top student of each class and for the top student of each level overall. (For detailed information, please see *Scholarship System for Academic Excellence)
Yearly Program Schedule
2022(10 weeks per session/4 sessions per year)
Scrolling from side to side.
2023(10 weeks per session/4 sessions per year)
Scrolling from side to side.
Session Course Period Vacation Application/
Placement Test Orientation Spring Mar. 7 ~
Apr. 7 /
May. 1 /
Dec. 15, 2022 ~
Feb. 28 Mar. 6 Summer Jun. 7 ~
Jul. 24 ~
Jul. 28 /
Mar. 14 ~
May. 30 Jun. 5 Fall Sep. 7 ~
Sep. 28 ~
Sep. 29 /
Oct. 3 / Oct. 9
Jun. 15 ~
Aug. 31 Sep. 6 Winter Dec. 5 ~
Feb. 22, 2024
Dec. 25 ~
Dec. 29 /
Jan. 1, 2024 /
Feb. 9, 2024 /
Feb. 12, 2024
Sep. 12 ~
Nov. 28 Dec. 4
- Registration(application) ended in the order of arrival. If we have full of students for the semester, we can close our registration earlier than we noticed.
Scholarship System for Academic Excellence
- Scholarship System for Academic Excellence
- Students who are eligible for merit scholarship must be enrolled in KAP200 and registered for the next semester. The scholarship will be reimbursed at the awarded percentage of the next semester’s tuition AFTER students make the payment.
- 1 student per level. 50% discount off of tuition for the following session.
(Attendance must be 90% or above, with a score of 90 points or more on the speaking interview and a total of 80 points or above in other subjects)
- Kim Sung-Hee Scholarship
- 1 student per class. 20% discount off of tuition for the following session. (Attendance must be 90% or above, with a score of 90 points or more on the speaking interview and a total of 80 points or above in other subjects)
Benefits for Undergraduate Admission to Sogang University
KAP200 students can receive the following benefits related to entering Sogang University undergraduate studies.
- Upon completion of the KLEC regular course level 3 or higher, the qualifications for applying for international admission application of the Sogang University undergraduate program(based on language proficiency) and the benefit from the “Sogang University Scholarship for Korean Language Education Center” (Exemption from admission fee)
- When advancing to the undergraduate school of Sogang University after taking the regular course at level 4 or higher, it is recognized as 6 liberal arts credits (up to 12 credits)
- When advancing to the undergraduate school of Sogang University after completing the regular course at level 6, the qualifications for applying for the “Language Proficiency Excellent Scholarship I” (full scholarship for the semester of admission) of the Sogang University undergraduate program is granted
- When advancing to the undergraduate school of Sogang University after completing the regular course at level 5, the qualifications for applying for the ‘Language Proficiency Excellent Scholarship II’ (half-tuition Scholarship for the Semester of Admission) of the Sogang University undergraduate program is granted
For more information, please refer to http://goabroad.sogang.ac.kr