Korean for Academic Purposes 200KAP200
This course is for exchange students and international students from universities around the world and those who prefer to study in the afternoon. Class hours are from 1:30 to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday composed of 2 hours speaking, 1 hour reading and listening, and 1 hour of writing; total of 4 hours a day.
(20 hours per week, totaling 200 hours)
|Class Days||Monday - Friday (5 days a week)|
|Class Time||13:30 ~ 17:30 4 hours per day|
|Course Levels||Levels 1 ~ 6|
|Students per Class||16 students or fewer|
|Course Fees||1,770,000KRW each semester
(60,000 KRW registration fee for new students, course materials not included)
- Students who register for KLEC programs do not have to buy insurance in home country separately as Sogang Korean Language Education Center provides group health insurance to students for free.
- 1 Experience campus life via exchanges with college students, graduate students, and exchange students of various nationalities attending Sogang University.
- 2 Learn to speak naturally while learning vocabulary, grammar, and expressions through diverse situations.
- 3 Focus on improving communication skills through listening and speaking, reading and speaking, and speaking before and after writing.
- 4 Directly experience various Korean cultures through field trips every semester.
- 5 At the end of each semester, scholarship opportunities are available (Sogang University President's Scholarship and the Kim Seong-Hee Scholarship) for students with exemplary grades per class and level. (For details, refer to the policy for *Academic Excellence System)
Scholarship System for Academic Excellence
- Scholarship System for Academic Excellence
- Students who are eligible for merit scholarship must be enrolled in KAP200 and registered for the next semester. The scholarship will be reimbursed at the awarded percentage of the next semester’s tuition AFTER students make the payment.
- 1 student per level. 50% discount off of tuition for the following session.
(Attendance must be 90% or above, with a score of 90 points or more on the speaking interview and a total of 80 points or above in other subjects)
- Kim Sung-Hee Scholarship
- 1 student per class. 20% discount off of tuition for the following session. (Attendance must be 90% or above, with a score of 90 points or more on the speaking interview and a total of 80 points or above in other subjects)
Benefits for Undergraduate Admission to Sogang University
KAP200 students can receive the following benefits related to entering Sogang University undergraduate studies.
- Upon completion of the KLEC regular course level 3 or higher, the qualifications for applying for international admission application of the Sogang University undergraduate program(based on language proficiency) and the benefit from the “Sogang University Scholarship for Korean Language Education Center” (Exemption from admission fee)
- When advancing to the undergraduate school of Sogang University after taking the regular course at level 4 or higher, it is recognized as 6 liberal arts credits (up to 12 credits)
- When advancing to the undergraduate school of Sogang University after completing the regular course at level 6, the qualifications for applying for the “Language Proficiency Excellent Scholarship I” (full scholarship for the semester of admission) of the Sogang University undergraduate program is granted
- When advancing to the undergraduate school of Sogang University after completing the regular course at level 5, the qualifications for applying for the ‘Language Proficiency Excellent Scholarship II’ (half-tuition Scholarship for the Semester of Admission) of the Sogang University undergraduate program is granted
For more information, please refer to http://goabroad.sogang.ac.kr